5 Keys to Specifying Hardware: Get What You Really Want
Dec 12, 18
Getting the hardware you need AND really want is a function of defining the scope of the Project. Your door and hardware professional needs to know the following:
- Type of Property: How is the property going to be used? For example, is it a hospital, office building or school?
- Design Criteria: What is your style? Finish? Aesthetics?
- Budget: What do want to spend?
- Security Requirements: Restricted key ways? Electronic hardware? Access controls?
- Life Safety Requirements: ADA accessibility?
- Code Issues/Requirements: Windstorm ratings? Fire Code Issues? FHA Requirements?
As you can see, all hardware is not created equal. The better you understand the function and requirements of your project and provide that detail to your door and hardware professional, the better we can serve you.